Monday, May 24, 2010

End-of-Term reflection

My first term of art this year with Mr. Brooks had a big influence with what I was able to take away from my two terms of art. Mr. Brooks taught me to be able to think more abstractly and not take the easy route through a project. Brainstorming I was always quick to think of an idea, but was my first idea always my best idea? I soon learned that it was not. I now am aware that to use my first idea to break off and think of more creative original ideas. I was able to broaden what I was used to creating as an artist. After my first term of abstract thinking, coming to 2D, I was told that I didn't always have to think so abstractly, and sometimes the more obvious approach was the better way to tackle a project. I was able to use both polar opposite ways of art in year and I was able to tell when to use one way of thinking opposed to the other. Through different projects that were presented to me I was able to move through hurtles that were a struggle for me, and learn from these experiences.

The biggest challenge this term was making the web the first week. I was unaware how much of an impact it
would have on laying out the rest of my term. It was hard to think of things that branch emotion . It seems easy because emotion covers such a wide range of topics, but it was hard to pin point certain things that I felt and felt connected too. But as I thought more in depth of how personally I connect to the words on my web, it was more simple than I thought it would be.
My creative process changed more with the objects and various mediums I decided to use this term. I was always used to the usual pencil, paint, or charcoal from past terms, but I decided to look beyond that and use water color and learned to show different shades through watering out the color. I also discovered human photo shop. I was able to express my creativity with topic of interests of mine. Using sports I was able to use magazine cut outs in a original way of taking one major part of the sport and replacing it with something that is different. Also from first term of art to second term of art, my mind set changed from more abstract thinking to more simple not as complex way of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment